the design process
The design process begins, following initial discussions about the scope of a project, with a design brief. In short, this is a list of questions tailored to the specifics of a job to enable me to assess what factors are of greatest importance to the end product. Examples include:
- What is the primary goal of your business?
- What is the key message you wish to convey to your customers through your logo?
Once the brief has been completed and returned, I use the information to research the business and its competitors. Research includes assessing the target market and investigating whether there are specific design conventions associated with the field.
first draft & feedback
This research is then applied in creating single or multiple first drafts, to determine the design direction. Approval of the draft, and information on what is suitable and what needs to be changed is necessary to continue to the next and final stage.
Delivery of the final product is subject to the type of project undertaken. However, some generalisations can be made:
- All logos and advertising material that it is necessary to scale will be provided as .EPS, .PDF or Illustrator files as appropriate.
- A full summary of all files included in delivery and explanations of each will be provided with the final product.
- I will always be available to respond to queries after delivery.
Please contact me for more information or enquiries.
Rates are not concrete, and will vary depending on the scope and nature of the project. If this is relevant however, it will be discussed prior to beginning work.
one-off items i.e. logos, business cards, banner ads
These will be invoiced as a single item after the fact, rather than an hourly rate, unless the scope of the project is particularly large. The cost is dependent on the work involved.
larger projects i.e. websites, identity facelifts
Depending on size, these projects will generally be invoiced at a flat rate. 50% before commencement after the scope of work has been established, and 50% on final delivery of product.
Additional work can be purchased at a per hour rate or as a multi-hour support package paid in advance. Generous allowances for technical support are included in any web-related project. Please contact me for information on my hourly rate.
These are the most popular services I offer:
- Business collateral (i.e. cards, letterheads etc.)
- Print (i.e. brochure, poster, magazine and annual report) design
- Clothing (i.e. t-shirt) design
- Banner ads
- Website layouts
- Website coding
If I haven’t listed a service you’re curious about here, please contact me and we can discuss what you have in mind.